As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Finally I get it. Love my MonoMachine... (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Finally I get it. Love my MonoMachine...
Game & Watch
Re:Finally I get it. Love my MonoMachine... 14 Years, 5 Months ago
I still can´t use it live...and I still can`t mix all 6 parts together...something of the mix eludes me...my EMX is a breeze to mix...I can program a pattern with all 5 synth parts and even all the drums and make it sound good without too much hasssle but with the mono is hard (to me) get the same kind of mix
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
anselmi wrote:
I still can´t use it live...and I still can`t mix all 6 parts together...something of the mix eludes me...my EMX is a breeze to mix...I can program a pattern with all 5 synth parts and even all the drums and make it sound good without too much hasssle but with the mono is hard (to me) get the same kind of mix

yeah, for me it doesn't have the same immediacy for live tweaking that the MD does. i program all this complex movement in my MnM patches and sequences, then forget what everything does. plus, i end up using many more p-locks on the MnM so the live tweaking doesn't play such a large role. and, without the function + extended immediate reset, i get a little reluctant to do a lot of live tweaks (yeah, i just reload kit sometimes but you know...). i think overall it is just a more complex beast than the MD and I haven't really wrapped my head around it yet.

i don't use the mono for bass very often and i often get 4-6 parts all building up in roughly the same frequency areas. in the past i would just try to deal with that and end up producing these really dense tracks. now i feel it has helped me to be more discriminating in my mixes. now instead of trying to make all those parts work together, i have just started eliminating parts when something isn't working or really getting the filter and eq ing right. this has led to more space for the essential parts of my tracks. so i feel the mono has made me better mixer with more coherent tracks even if i still can't use it.
Yoshi
jsrockit wrote:
zoot wrote:
to be blunt at 5 weeks your only surface scratching

its not that easy even though its an easy machine to play

Others, like myself, are still trying to come to grips with it after many years.

On my second one in as many years and still haven't really got my head around it!
King Koopa
Have a listen to Waverider!
After 18 months I am improving my mono sound design skills, it's a very precise synth engine that sounds great... punchy, colorful, warm or cold, you got it

... I am more please than ever because of the sounds I got recently; but I am late on finishing my productions cause of a day job, that sucks
Go to top Post Reply